[wp-edu] Lots of domains, single sign-in

Scot Hacker shacker at berkeley.edu
Tue Nov 9 19:48:18 UTC 2010

We have around 30 WordPress domains in a .edu environment and we need
to get wp-admin behind https for all of them.  We can't get a separate
IP for  each domain.

Using the university's CAS (central sign-in service) via a plugin
would be an ideal solution, but we have many users with logins who are
not part of the university. Facebook login would be another option,
but this isn't ideal for various reasons.

The university network officials want us to find a way to redirect
users to a single sign-in domain, then back to the domain they're
logging into. My question is, how can this be done with WordPress?
Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks,
Scot

--