[wp-edu] Advice needed on using WP for ALL of the website.

Abhishek cheerfulguy at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 12:58:39 GMT 2009

Hi,
I'm soon going to start working on a project to remake our business school's
website. Having done a lot of stuff with Wordpress in the past I would like
to stick to using WP. However, I'm not a theme developer and can make only
minor changes to existing themes, which is what I've been doing so far.

My business schools (Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta) is one of the
top ranked B schools in India and hence the site needs to be spot on, on the
first try. Also there might be some scope for outsourcing the template
design. However all of the WP activity in education I've been seeing is in
the blogs space, and I'm wondering if I should explore some other options
(like Drupal, Joomla) for the design of the actual site. I'm pretty confused
in this regard.

What steps should I follow? Any advice in this regard would be great!

Cheers,
Abhishek
IIM Calcutta PGP I Student,
Tagore Hostel, D-202.