[wp-edu] Spam protection and Themes

Joseph Ugoretz joseph.ugoretz at mhc.cuny.edu
Thu Feb 5 20:55:52 GMT 2009

We're actually using Spam Karma for anti-spam (I know, it's discontinued).  It seems to work very well, so far.  I've always liked it and used it on other stand-alone installations, and I've been pleased with it in WPMU, too.

As for the everything-the-same question, we're very much committed to giving our students the opportunity to express themselves through design, rather than content, so having everything look different (we have about 100 themes installed so far, plus the userthemes plugin as needed) was a big draw and a major reason to use wpmu.

--
Joseph Ugoretz, PhD
Director of Technology and Learning
joseph.ugoretz at mhc.cuny.edu