[wp-edu] UA News Center launched, powered by Wordpress

Muro, Matthew mmuro at advance.ua.edu
Tue Apr 14 15:10:20 GMT 2009

Hi all,

I know this email list isn't all that active, but I wanted to take a moment to announce the recent launch of our new UA News Center which has been redesigned to run on Wordpress.  In addition to the site that handles our news, we are also using Wordpress to drive two other sites with more feature-oriented content.  The main goal with this redesign was to improve the functionality as well as spread our best content between these sites.  Please feel free to explore the sites and share any thoughts you may have.

*         UA News Center (main site):  http://uanews.ua.edu

*         Research Magazine:  http://research.ua.edu/

*         Dialog Faculty & Staff news:  http://dialog.ua.edu/

This project has been in development for a while now, so it's gratifying to see it go live.  I do have to say that WordPress is very flexible and I have come away from this experience impressed with it as a platform.  At this point, I'm surprised when it can't do something.  There are some interesting bits of code and functions that I've implemented and if you are interested, you can either check our web design blog (http://webtide.wordpress.com/) for updates or email me.

Thanks,

Matthew Muro
Web Developer
UA Office of Web Communications