[wp-edu] identity management integration

Douglas Hanna doug at automattic.com
Thu Nov 13 03:34:16 GMT 2008

Hi Mark,

I had to talk to a few people, but I did get a definitive answer on
Automattic's involvement with the WPDirAuth plugin. We see the value
in it and we're committed to keeping it working with WordPress as we
release upgrades and changes. With that in mind, we aren't actively
developing any new features for it. Our ideal involvement is reviewing
and accepting patches from the community and committing them to the
plugin's code as a point-of-contact instead of an active developer.

Did you have any ideas for features? We can look into the possibility
of making them happen, but obviously can't promise anything. LDAP is
not something we use internally, but we do understand that it is
important to the educational community and many of our enterprise
users.

If anyone here is technical and is interested in maintaining the
plugin more actively, please let me know and I will put you in touch
with the right people.

Thanks for the question, Mark. Hopefully this answer is helpful.

--
Douglas Hanna
Automattic | WordPress.com