[wp-edu] Implementing Wordpress in Universities

John BLAHUSIAK j.blahusiak at ecu.edu.au
Sat Nov 8 09:25:07 GMT 2008

I am surprised to hear that Wordpress would be implemented in Universities.  In the UK and Australia and I suspect other jurisdictions the record keeping requirements on Universities are onerous -- primarily as a result of direct and indirect legislative requirements (for instance, Records FOI, Privacy acts etc).

I can how Wordpress and associated tools would be of use in relation to facilitating conversations across Universites.  But as far as I can gather there is not a record keeping module for Wordpress -- to allow easy porting into common electronic document management software.

Essentially every time a user hit publish or comment they would be either creating a new record or a new version of an existing record.  Without a link to University electronic document management systems institutional websites would seem crazy brave.

John Blahusiak
Policy and Project Officer, Governance Services
Governance and Planning Services, Edith Cowan University

This e-mail is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you must not disclose or use the information contained within. If you have received it in error please return it to the sender via reply e-mail and delete any record of it from your system. The information contained within is not the opinion of Edith Cowan University in general and the University accepts no liability for the accuracy of the information provided.

CRICOS IPC 00279B