[wp-edu] WordCamp Ed(ucation)

D'Arcy Norman dlnorman at ucalgary.ca
Thu Nov 6 02:44:40 GMT 2008

On Nov 5, 2008, at 7:14 PM, James Groom wrote:

> D'Arcy,
>
> I'll be at NV, so I can bring some WP love from the East Coast to you
> Canadian hippies :)

Hey! We do have laundry up here!

Sounds like we might have a few wp-edu-folk up for the show. I'm
willing to organize a WordCamp Education event, but need to get a
guesstimate of how many people might be interested. I put a PollDaddy
poll on my blog to help get a feel for the numbers.

http://www.darcynorman.net/2008/11/05/wordcamp-education-northern-voice-2009/

Northern Voice is held in Vancouver in February - the exact dates
haven't been nailed down yet, but it's typically been a Friday
+Saturday event, so there's room to add a day before or after the
conference proper. Last year, there were a couple of Automattic folks
(Matt and Lloyd) so hopefully we can convince them to come play with
us again :-)

- D'Arcy