[wp-docs] editing wp-config page

mrmist listswpdocs at mist.org.uk
Sun Nov 17 10:11:14 UTC 2013

Hi listees

Posting this thought here because I lack access to
http://make.wordpress.org/docs/

The Codex page http://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php is
really long.

I wonder if it should be broken out into basic wp-config and more
advanced stuff.  Where "basic" would just include things that your
average user might need.

Currently the "Advanced" stuff occupies the mass of this page, and makes
it much longer and more daunting looking than it needs to be.

(Also, if we restrict the main bulk of the page to the very basics, it
could have edit protect enforced on it and prevent people posting their
database credentials to it.)

Thoughts, etc..

mrmist.