[wp-docs] Page translation howto?

Lorelle on WordPress lorelleonwordpress at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 15:58:17 UTC 2012

Thanks for asking and welcome to the Documentations team.

There are many options for working with translations in WordPress, and on
the Codex.

http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_in_Your_Language lists WordPress in
various languages.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Translating_WordPress describes different ways
you can contribute through translations to WordPress, from core
translations of the program to docs.

http://translate.wordpress.org/projects is a list of translation projects
by the polyglots team, the translation team, for WordPress made up of
volunteers from around the world.

http://translate.wordpress.org/getting-started is their how to help and get
started guide.

http://make.wordpress.org/polyglots is the discussion and news
announcements site for the translation team.

You need to get involved with the polyglots group, not so much us, though
we're glad you are here. They direct translation and localization projects
and tasks. They will help you.

Thanks for contributing to WordPress and for asking! Good luck and have fun!

Lorelle