[wp-docs] WordPress Help Manual on WP Academy (James Gill)

Mika A Epstein ipstenu at ipstenu.org
Tue Sep 25 12:58:30 UTC 2012

Marc, we do understand.

Here's where we are, however.

1) The Wiki is a base level start, anyone can edit, and we have it. We would like to make it as good as we can. You can use most basic HTML in a wiki, and if you need help with uploading images, you can ask us for help :) some of us (hi) happen to be pretty savvy at MediaWiki.

2) Our current attack is on the user manual, over at the make.wordpress.org/support site, and the vast majority of energy is being spent there. I would love to have you help us. It's using WordPess, which I'm sure you know how to use.

After that, sure, we may all want to look into something else, but there is a finite limit to how thin you can stretch a group of volunteers. If you really want to grab this one and run with it, go for it! But know what our current goals are and that you may not, right now, get the traction you want.

Besides, you're forgetting a keystone of Open Source. We move at the speed of passion. If you have a passion, go then! :D No ones stopping you from coming up with that.  We Appreciate your passions and support them, if not always as hands on as you may like.