[wp-docs] WordPress Help Manual on WP Academy

Marc Beneteau docs at manifesting.net
Sat Sep 22 11:57:16 UTC 2012

Guys,

I do appreciate your invitations and believe me, the "gears are turning".
The issue for me -- please allow me to speak plainly and if offense is
taken I apologize in advance  -- is that IMHO Wiki and Media Wiki are not
suitable platforms for writing technical documentation, and perhaps one of
the reasons why the WordPress documentation is not up to the same quality
as WordPress code.  But I've been seriously thinking about this, what needs
to happen (again IMHO) is an open-source Winhelp-clone system powered by
WordPress, that would be equivalent to my semi-proprietary system see for
instance:

http://wpacademy.tv/about-wordpress-webinar-marathon.htm

But would also be multi-authoring (which mine is not).  I think its doable,
we just need to find coders, I can project-manage perhaps.  Lorelle you
know some of the people at wordpress.tv.,  I have an old email of yours
that mentions some major documentation effort happening there, can you send
me personal mail marc at wpacademy.tv with that information again?   Anyone
else interested as well, just let me know, this would be WAY cool if we
could pull it off.

Thanks

Marc