[wp-docs] WordPress Help Manual on WP Academy

Marc Beneteau docs at manifesting.net
Fri Sep 21 20:15:49 UTC 2012

Thanks to everyone for thoughtful replies.

My real issue is that I don't think of standard Wiki as an effective
platform for writing documentation.  Better is Media Wiki:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki

Which is still quite a bit behind commercial help authoring software,
because in commercial help authoring software when you hyperlink into a
topic, the Table of Contents on the left opens up to that topic (see
http://wpcademy.tv/ww3.htm) .  (Perhaps you think this is a "nice feature",
but for me it is key.  I am a perfectionist which is the reason I became a
technical writer in the first place and certainly the reason that I am as
successful at it as I am)

Has there been any interest or any discussion in building a Wordpress
manual on Media Wiki?  I could get behind that.

Marc
marc at wpacademy.tv