[wp-docs] Feedback request - WordPress Help Manual platform

Marc Beneteau docs at manifesting.net
Fri Oct 5 13:53:39 UTC 2012

Jane,

yes you are right, perhaps this is not the right forum for this type of
request

You are also right that I believe that Winhelp / Javahelp is the best
documentation platform, and that I am very stubborn about this.  99% of
commercial software vendors agree with me as do the hundreds of people who
have bought into my platform.  I also get excited at the idea of
context-sensitive help inside WordPress dashboard, call me weird

I may pursue resources you suggest but to be quite frank it's unlikely to
happen without institutional support since I have my own platform that
fills my needs already.  My request was for a project manager, if I could
get that we could likely get things started (and btw there was never any
question of paid development, any technical school or university would be
happy to lend student support to such a venture, but someone still needs to
initiate it)

I also like very much http://svnbook.red-bean.com/ if that is a real option
let's do it.  It can always be converted to Winhelp later when you all see
the light ;), and/or when the platform is ready for prime-time.

I am trying to play with y'all, help me out will you

marc