[wp-docs] Accessibility page on Codex (esmi at quirm dot net)

esmi at quirm dot net esmi at quirm.net
Tue Nov 20 19:32:34 UTC 2012

on 20/11/2012 19:07 Lorelle on WordPress said the following:
> There have been lawsuits for many years dealing with this
> internationally as well as domestically.
>
> To my understanding, all websites open to the public for commercial
> purposes, non-profits, and government agencies (or those working with
> the government as a major client) are required to comply, just as
> public access buildings are required to comply with ADA laws.

Yep. As soon as Target, Priceline and Ramada were successfully sued
under ADA some years back, it opened the way for stricter regs under
ADA. Section 508 is a little passe these days in that it was only really
focused on government sites.

Applying some kind of reasonable accessibility adjustment under ADA
brings the US in line with the more recent laws in some European countries.

Mel
--
http://quirm.net
http://blackwidows.co.uk