[wp-docs] Accessibility page on Codex (esmi at quirm dot net)

Lorelle on WordPress lorelleonwordpress at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 19:31:31 UTC 2012

Unfortunately, in the US, it is the corporations and individuals to
lead the way rather than the government. I often stumble upon US
government sites that are still left over from the pre 1999 table
days! LOL! Good at making laws but not following their own.

Still, the law on accessibility for web design is now in force in the
US and lawyers have been waiting for this eagerly.

I agree that compliance should be an ethical decision. Facts are that
the laws are the laws, even the odd ones.

In Washington State, it is illegal to drive a car without windshield
wipers. There are no laws requiring windshields. :D