[wp-docs] Accessibility page on Codex (esmi at quirm dot net)

esmi at quirm dot net esmi at quirm.net
Tue Nov 20 19:27:26 UTC 2012

on 20/11/2012 18:01 James said the following:
> By the way, I'd make one addition to what you said about Section 508: it's
> not simply the "public-facing side of (federal?) sites"--it's much more,
> and encompasses hardware and software. It also applies to technology that
> the feds *buy or use*. So, my experience has been that "compliance" comes
> into play when you're trying to sell something to the government. Not sure
> about the UK environment.

It's the same in the UK and many countries in Europe. Government sites
and agencies are expected to lead the way when it comes to
accessibility. And this includes non-web (office) software. Some
government departments are refusing to even consider software unless
it's been accredited as "accessible".

Mel
--
http://quirm.net