[wp-docs] Accessibility page on Codex (esmi at quirm dot net)

James james at thinkhuman.com
Tue Nov 20 18:01:34 UTC 2012

Many thanks, esmi. Maybe I was tripped up by the word "comply". Ethical
reasons aside (which I agree with), I wasn't aware of a *requirement* to
comply with any accessbility regulations.

By the way, I'd make one addition to what you said about Section 508: it's
not simply the "public-facing side of (federal?) sites"--it's much more,
and encompasses hardware and software. It also applies to technology that
the feds *buy or use*. So, my experience has been that "compliance" comes
into play when you're trying to sell something to the government. Not sure
about the UK environment.

Cheers,
-james

Message: 2