[wp-docs] Accessibility page on Codex

John Blackbourn johnbillion at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 00:27:26 UTC 2012

On 17 November 2012 00:20, Lorelle on WordPress
<lorelleonwordpress at gmail.com> wrote:
> There is not such a page on the Codex. I've been wanting one for a long
> time. Glenda Watson-Hyatt and become quite the expert on the accessibility
> features of WordPress over the various versions, but she hasn't expressed an
> interest in writing such a document, even though I nag often. :D
>
> With the new US federal law on web accessibility as of March 2012 in place,
> it is critical we explain how WordPress complies with P.O.U.R. Guidelines
> and web standards both on the front and back ends. WordPress does not
> adequately comply with the new US federal laws or international country laws
> consistently, especially when it comes to images and links. These need to be
> pointed out an the correct actions need to be encouraged.
>
> Let me know how I can help if you need any. And thanks for taking this on.

Thank you, Lorelle. I'll start a draft page under my account soon.

On a related note, do you know who I'd contact about getting
permission to post to Make/Accessibility? I've been given permission
to post to Make/Polyglots but I'm not sure who gave me that
permission.

John