[wp-docs] Accessibility page on Codex

Lorelle on WordPress lorelleonwordpress at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 00:20:36 UTC 2012

There is not such a page on the Codex. I've been wanting one for a long
time. Glenda Watson-Hyatt and become quite the expert on the accessibility
features of WordPress over the various versions, but she hasn't expressed
an interest in writing such a document, even though I nag often. :D

With the new US federal law on web accessibility as of March 2012 in place,
it is critical we explain how WordPress complies with P.O.U.R. Guidelines
and web standards both on the front and back ends. WordPress does not
adequately comply with the new US federal laws or international country
laws consistently, especially when it comes to images and links. These need
to be pointed out an the correct actions need to be encouraged.

Let me know how I can help if you need any. And thanks for taking this on.

Lorelle