[wp-docs] dedicated Codex search function

Lorelle on WordPress lorelleonwordpress at gmail.com
Wed May 2 17:24:10 UTC 2012

This would be so awesome. Our MediaWiki is integrated into the entire site,
and at one time we had search options set that when you are in the Codex
you only search the Codex and when you are out of the Codex, your search
covers everything. The attempt has been made to open the search to
everything, and it is a mess with Google. A perfect search result would be
one that divided up the resulting content into Codex, Forum, etc. giving
more choice control to the user.

That's the goal, but is it possible between the WordPress and MediaWiki
interfaces? It sounds like you think it is.

The Docs team only has so much control over these things, so hopefully
someone with the ability to engage at the higher authority level on this
will jump in. You got my support. This has been a thorn for a long time.
Thanks for being willing to take it on.

Lorelle