[wp-docs] Preemptively marking deprecated functions?

Michael Hancock justmichaelh at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 21:19:48 UTC 2012

Kailey Lampert>>>>
There are 2 functions that I know of that have already been marked as deprecated, even though that won't actually happen until the release of 3.4

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/add_custom_background

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/add_custom_image_header

Similarly, the page for add_theme_support() implies it's ready to replace those 2 functions

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/add_theme_support

It's not until you look at the change log at the bottom of those pages that you can see that some of this will only be applicable in the next release.

I wanted to add some clarification on those pages, but I wanted to check and see if there were already rules/guidelines in place for this.

<<<<

No real guidelines, that I know of, but if you want, put a note at the top of the page that the articles are in transition to meet 3.4 core.  Please remember to remove that after 3.4 comes out next month.

Thanks.

MichaelH