[wp-docs] Preemptively marking deprecated functions?

Kailey Lampert trepmal at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 20:30:31 UTC 2012

There are 2 functions that I know of that have already been marked as
deprecated, even though that won't actually happen until the release of 3.4

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/add_custom_background
http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/add_custom_image_header

Similarly, the page for add_theme_support() implies it's ready to replace
those 2 functions
http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/add_theme_support

It's not until you look at the change log at the bottom of those pages that
you can see that some of this will only be applicable in the next release.

I wanted to add some clarification on those pages, but I wanted to check
and see if there were already rules/guidelines in place for this.

Kailey Lampert
twitter: @trepmal
trepmal at gmail.com