[wp-docs] eCommerce

Lorelle on WordPress lorelleonwordpress at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 07:35:58 UTC 2012

This was a user article that was supposed to be placed on the username
space for development and they dumped it right in and never finished it.
The idea of the article was to flesh out possibilities with ecommerce
features and had grandiose ideas about featuring conditional tags to
showcase items by category, etc., which is still a great idea of examples
but it was never finished. If the use of queries, conditionals, custom Page
Types, etc., could be shown how to be used as the default functionality and
not necessarily a Plugin, that would be cool.

Please note that the Codex team decided that when the WordPress Plugin
Directory became stable to remove all WordPress Plugin "brag" pages and
listings. As a rule, we do not support nor encourage any WordPress Theme or
Plugin except those that "come in the box." We'll reference some as
optional but not as the sole purpose of the article.

Good catch. Thanks!

Lorelle