[wp-docs] Proposed change to Giving WordPress Its Own Directory

esmi at quirm dot net esmi at quirm.net
Wed Sep 21 11:50:33 UTC 2011

on 20/09/2011 21:03 Lorelle on WordPress said the following:
> On your side. Good point. Maybe we need to do a full run at this and make
> sure that we aren't shooting ourselves in the foot and making things worse.

Another shot at the 5-minute install:
<http://codex.wordpress.org/User:Esmi/5-Minute_Install#Famous_5-Minute_Install>

Bit I can still see areas on
<http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress#Detailed_Instructions>
that need either expanding or possible removing. For example:

- Things You Need to Do to Install WordPress
Possibly expand to link to Create the Database and a User

- Detailed Instructions
How useful are all the details on using wget these days?

Mel