[wp-docs] Proposed change to Giving WordPress Its Own Directory

Lorelle on WordPress lorelleonwordpress at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 19:15:54 UTC 2011

Totally brilliant!!! Thanks for finding the gap and filling it.

However, we need to change the references from example.com/wordpress/ and
example.com/wp/ to other subweb/folder names. There is a chronic problem
with using these folder names which appear in the URL. They turn up in
searches with unrelated content just because "wordpress" is in the url. We
need to get people to install WordPress in other folder names like /blog/ or
/posts/ or /cars/ for all I care and get WordPress out of the URL. Someone
blogging about cars and never WordPress shouldn't have WordPress in the URL.

Not sure how to handle that so I'm leaving it up to you. It's an SEO issue
but it's also a control issue. They should be able to name it whatever they
want that is relevant to their content and topic.

Make sense?