[wp-docs] Proposed change to Giving WordPress Its Own Directory

Mika A. Epstein ipstenu at ipstenu.org
Mon Sep 19 16:40:32 UTC 2011

I've noticed a lot of people have WP in a subfolder and want to use
that to run 'as if it was in root.'  To most of us, just following the
directions on
http://codex.wordpress.org/Giving_WordPress_Its_Own_Directory and
skipping the obvious parts is ... obvious.

But not so to a newbie.

I drafted out
http://codex.wordpress.org/User:Ipstenu/Giving_WordPress_Its_Own_Directory
which has a subsection for when your site is already in a subfolder.

Since "Giving WordPress Its Own Directory" is locked, I'm pitching that
re-write here :)

I'm also kind of thinking we should remove the SVN stuff - Doesn't seem
very appropriate.

--
Mika A Epstein (aka Ipstenu)
http://ipstenu.org