[wp-docs] codex git repo ???

BUGHUNTER bughunter at riseup.net
Sun Sep 11 14:22:44 UTC 2011

Hi Lorelle,

thank you very much for your attention - however, it would be really
great to receive answers to my questions.

I searched the archives using google but found only 3 entries for git
without any relevance for my questions.

So I assume the answer to my first question

> is there a codex git repo for offline processing / viewing?

would be NO - is this right?

Note: you can answer with a positive sounding YES on this ;)

My second question was:

> would you be interested in this?

If you are not interested in a codex git repo I surely will
immediately stop investigating into this and spend my time with
something that actually finds some positive resonance - I was
intending to improve the wordpress codex experience.

Of course I found the "Dump of the Codex?" thread - this interesting
discussion ends with your important observation:

> The problem is that the Codex is a living document and changes
> daily, so these tend to go out of date fast.

Unfortunately the discussion stops there - much too early, many
options have not been mentioned - you definitely are right with your
observation, but there are several other ways of mirroring or dumping
the codex database to a git repo.

The most efficient solutions will only work with direct access to the
codex mediawiki database, so your interest in offering a solution will
be the first requirement - if you do not want it, we do not need to
discuss better ways to mirror the codex.

If you like the idea and would like to support it, why not discuss it?

BTW there is a problem with access to the mailing list interface and
also to the archives - if I copy the link