[wp-docs] The main page.

Spencer Hill spencerhill at theportlandco.com
Thu Sep 1 03:07:08 UTC 2011

After reading a few more of these replies it sounds like there is becoming a consensus that the codex should be reserved for documentation related to installing WordPress.

I think it's good we're honing in on a focus for what the codex is. However, learn.WordPress.com isn't a sufficient resource (from what I've observed) regarding training on the fundamental aspects of WordPress as it's released to hosted sites because it's geared to training about WordPress.com - which is not the same thing technically.

What about a learn.WordPress.org? It could function exactly like the codex does but be focused on training. This would keep it separate from the codex, but still fulfill the critical need for basic training on how to actually use WordPress.