[wp-docs] About spanish translation of codex

Alejandro Sánchez Marín erchache2000 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 13:54:49 UTC 2011

Hi, excuse me for previous message. I dont know english is THE OFFICIAL
language on this mailing list. My apologizes.

Well, lets go again.

My name is Alejandro, my digital alter ego is erchache2000. I have a
*little* experience admin wikis. See it on google... ;-P

I decide to help admin namespace es: of codex because I have a lot of
free time and now im helping on spanish forum es.forums.wordpress.org.

Many times im going to codex to copy/paste links with detailed help
about problems that people are asking there.

Now i see many problems on it.

The biggest is that 90% of titles of articles are on english, perhaps
because es: was created making copy/paste and translate it manually. But
this is a BAD idea because, how do you refer this article if you send a
english link?

For example, http://codex.wordpress.org/es:Before_You_Install very
useful for spanish user who dont speak english.

Im looking for a non destructive solution to solve it. Perhaps will be
very difficult to change all es: structure with a bot or similar.

I dont know how many spanish users are on wiki working now.

I'm noob on this wiki and i dont know any about your wikiettiquete and
admin chart.

Any help will be graceful accepted.

Greets.