[wp-docs] 1st Steps Page

Jane Wells jane at automattic.com
Thu Nov 17 20:37:24 UTC 2011

I'm going to link to
http://codex.wordpress.org/First_Steps_With_WordPress from the new
post-install welcome area in 3.3 (putting the real content into trunk
now). This page is a little outdated, though, shows Kubrick as default
and describes it, etc. Could you mavens of documentation take a scrub
through this page and make it a little more up-to-date? Maybe remove the
plug for Codex and Forum Searcher Plugin
<http://asymptomatic.net/2005/07/20/944/codex-searcher/> since it just
links off to an external site, clean up the old plugin repo links, link
to wordpress.org/showcase instead Matt's list of "hot sites" from 6
years ago... you get the picture.

This page will soon be getting a lot of attention as a first-timer's
resource, so making it super-awesome would be great. I'll check it again
in RC and update anything that still needs fixing before we launch 3.3.

Thanks!
Jane