[wp-docs] WordPress Codex Update Project

Lorelle on WordPress lorelleonwordpress at gmail.com
Wed May 4 18:15:01 UTC 2011

WordCamp Developer starts tomorrow and as announced, people are chomping at
the bit to pitch in on the drive to help update the Codex. I'm sure you are
all ready to see some activity on the Codex as much as I am.

http://wpdocsteam.wordpress.com/ is the to do list for the project to list
the things needing doing and talk about the various tasks. This is not a
replacement for the mailing list but something to help us track the various
tasks during this project.

Because so much should be going on tomorrow, and has already started with
some enthusiastic WordPress Community members, we're temporarily skipping
the "post to the mailing list" to announce a new article that needs work and
asking people to post them to the task list on that blog.

I'm so excited about this and thrilled that WordCamp Developers is taking
this initiative. Other WordCamps have done similar efforts, but not to this
extend. Maybe this could be a new tradition! :D

Thanks for all your help and for helping these people jumping on the Codex.
We'll be running the live chat tomorrow, too, so see you there!