[wp-docs] Is there any real WP staff here

mrmist listswpdocs at mist.org.uk
Wed Mar 2 16:55:41 UTC 2011

In message
<AANLkTin60f9OcnVzfD84oCC42P+LNj99fy8VL81ZgMom at mail.gmail.com>, Lorelle
on WordPress <lorelleonwordpress at gmail.com> writes
>I agree that the conversation is a bit hard to follow. Can you be specific
>what what offensive or issue is being had with the person? That would
>really help us.

I think one of the parties involved here has just posted to my user talk
page and, from what that comment points to, this seems to revolve around
adding a external  URL and email link on to the page zh-cn:??
wp-config.php

For what it's worth, I don't think such external links are necessary in
that location, especially not where they add no particular value to the
page in question. In terms of adding translator information, I would say
that a link to a user page *is* acceptable, but more than that is
basically self-promotion and not relevant to the codex.

It should also be considered that people updating the English language
versions of the pages do not put "credits" on the pages, even when they
invest a lot of time and effort into them.

--
mrmist