[wp-docs] Missing Forgotten Password Link

Charles K. Clarkson cclarkson at htcomp.net
Wed Jun 29 11:50:00 UTC 2011

On 6/28/2011 11:48 AM, Lorelle on WordPress wrote:
> Here is the process that worked for me.
>
> 1. Try to login through WordPress.org. If that doesn't work...
> 2. Either go directly to http://wordpress.org/support/bb-login.php or use the
> Forgot Password option to reset the password to an auto generated version. It
> will send the confirmation with link to reset to the email address registered
> with that account.
> 3. Click the confirmation link in the email.
> 4. WordPress will send the auto generated password.
> 5. Use that to log into WordPress.org.
> 6. Go to Profile and click Edit to change your password to a strong different
> choice. Update.
> 6. Go to DOCS.
> 7. Login again with the new password.
>
> It should work.

This did work. It is a repeat of the steps I used following Otto's
email. I did try it much later. Perhaps that had some effect.

Thanks, Lorelle and Otto.

Charles Clarkson
--
Mobile Home Investor
Free Market Advocate

I'm not really a smart person. I just play one on the Internet.

Stephenville, TX
http://twitter.com/CharlesClarkson
+1 (254) 968-8328