[wp-docs] The main page.

esmi at quirm dot net esmi at quirm.net
Fri Aug 26 18:45:35 UTC 2011

on 26/08/2011 19:14 Spencer Hill said the following:
> One last note, regardless of the content or structure of ESMI's
> layout, it's lacking clarity for people who are not developers. We
> have to provide a safe location for people who don't know, understand
> or care about WordPress' functions, installation, etc... to get their
> information without being slammed with loads of technical terms,
> FAQ's and links.

Do you honestly think that these people will bother to read lots of
text? The forums are full of people who are in far too much of a rush to
read. They want to click through to an answer as fast as possible. The
less text and the more potentially useful-looking links the page can
offer, the better it is likely to perform, in my opinion.

There's very little jargon above the fold on the current page.

esmi / Mel