[wp-docs] User query about linking to training content

Marc Beneteau marc at manifesting.net
Thu Aug 4 18:54:56 UTC 2011

Thank you Lorelle that is very good feedback.

I am not sure what is protocol here but I suggest we move this to the Talk
page:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Talk:WordPress_Quick_Start_Guide#THank_you_Lorell
e_that_was_very_good_feedback

But am sending one last email to the list as follows:

Thanks Lorelle that was great. I can work with all that, such as the optin
requirement, let me reflect.

Since you are so frank with me allow me to reciprocate.  One difficulty of
the Codex system of maintaining documentation is that authors come and go
and they are quite busy under the best of circumstances.  Your current
documentation hasn't changed much in 3 years and it's really extremely brief
and lacking guided tutorials and screen shots, quite aside from the
neutrality requirements that are something of a necessary evil (they make
the job of providing practical information more difficult).  (As an aside I
noticed a Bluehost hosting link in the Guide).  I spend a large chunk of my
time writing WordPress documentation and researching / reviewing commercial
WordPress products.  I am seeking a way to contribute this work to the Codex
in some fashion, and I am unable to see clearly right now what that would
be, but the benefits seem compelling to all.  In any case I appreciate the
feedback and will continue to reflect

Also in the spirit of honest disclosure, my interest in Code Poet etc would
be stronger if my primary goal was to promote my services.  I already run
large sold-out webinars through affiliates and finding students is not an
issue. Of course promoting my services is part of my objective but I am also
a writer by trade and I take pleasure in my craft for its own sake.  I hope
that makes sense.

Cheers,

Marc