[wp-docs] Using Images - I did it

Lorelle on WordPress lorelleonwordpress at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 00:55:43 UTC 2011

Trying to understand as you aren't being very clear with what's happening
here.

First, thank you for your efforts in helping out with the documentation.
That's exciting. Now, I'm just trying to understand the issues.

I've compared the two versions
http://codex.wordpress.org/index.php?title=Using_Images&diff=102898&oldid=100856

Using Images is part o the WordPress Lessons series, therefore was designed
to be a very basic instructional guide for images. It needed updating to
accommodate the Visual Editor, galleries and things, which is great, but I'm
trying to figure out how it went from that to suddenly a pretty table of
contents introduction page.

As for http://codex.wordpress.org/Inserting_Images_into_Posts_and_Pages, it
is now out in the wild rather than created first as a test page under your
username page according to the Codex Guidelines. I've put DRAFT and STUB on
there to indicate it is a draft. Please see
http://codex.wordpress.org/Codex:Guidelines and
http://codex.wordpress.org/Codex:Styles for more guidelines in style,
presentation, etc.

What's the goal of that page. While it is a good title, how is it really
different from what could be done on Using Images? Just curious about the
thinking of adding a new page when one would do.

As for adding images, in general, they MUST be free of copyright
infringements, not specific to any one site (we have actually made up fake
or test sites for use as examples in the past which is actually the best
idea as it doesn't show favoritism), and generally not show the entire page,
just a snippet of the example needed to make the point. Images are uploaded
to the Codex upload, not hot linked.

Can you be more specific with what other help you need? We're here to help.

Thanks again for helping us make WordPress better!

Lorelle VanFossen
Lorelle on WordPress - http://lorelle.wordpress.com/