[wp-docs] codex spam

Lorelle on WordPress lorelleonwordpress at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 17:38:33 UTC 2010

He keeps reopening accounts, so Thor has been ineffective with his
hammer. mrmist has had conversations with him asking him to stop and
nothing has stopped. nofollow is ineffective as it leaves the crap
while taking away nothing. Search engines stopped recognizing nofollow
a long time ago, if they ever really did.

Hopefully protecting the page so only admins can edit will stop it for
now but we need to know if there is an IP block or something similar
that will prevent his accessing the Codex, unless he's smart enough to
use a proxy. There are ways around everything, so protecting the page
from edits seems to be the best bet, as that is the one is he
targeting. If he starts on another page... sigh.

This has been a problem since the beginning but this person is beyond
persistent. It's a really strange case and kudos to mrmist for staying
on top of this above and beyond the call of duty.

Lorelle