[wp-docs] Codex Spam

Lorelle on WordPress lorelleonwordpress at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 17:38:35 UTC 2010

Good questions. The logins, to the best of my understanding, were all merged
a long time ago. If you log into the wp.org, the login takes you everywhere
within the site. For spammers, especially bots, they are focusing on
mediawiki logins, not WordPress.org, so this stops technical blocks them as
they are bots. For the human spammers, it's another hoop they have to jump
through and they might not know to jump. So we can only hope.

I just tested it and you're right. New registrants on WordPress.org can't
get access to the Codex. It's probably a permissions level issue. I've let
them know and we should have an answer shortly. Thanks for pointing it out.

Lorelle