[wp-docs] Copyright implications of using templates taken from Wikipedia

Arlen Beiler arlenbee at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 12:08:16 UTC 2010

No, I am not the author, but I am an active worker on Wikipedia, Wikibooks,
and Wikisource. The templates and so forth that we have there
are phenomenal, and being that the Codex seemed to be lacking something, I
copied them over. Would it be possible to license certain things under
CC-by-SA? It would allow them to stay there. Of course, I know they look
terrible, and are waiting for a plugin, but they have great functionality,
and add much to the look of the site. Also, the attitude of "*why do we need
them?"* can kill progress, although I could have taken it wrong and Peter
just simply didn't know what they were for, which is very likely, as they
look terrible right now. They have the same name on Wikipedia, and if anyone
is wondering what they do, you can look there. :-)