[wp-docs] Codex Wiki Database Dumps

Lorelle on WordPress lorelleonwordpress at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 23:07:00 UTC 2010

Jane and Matt are the ones to ask on this, but I have it straight from both
of them that the WordPress Codex will not be "dropped" but content will be
used in building the new documentation via subversion. I don't have the
latest information, but agree with Otto that we need to slow down and not
jump. Nothing is happening too dramatic. The Codex still has value as a
living document.

I presented to the group when the first announcements came out about how we
can shift the Codex as the repository of support docs to something else. I
suggested we explore more WordPress Lessons and how-to techniques, to share
a greater wealth of customization and techniques beyond what is offered in
the new documentation. I'd love to continue that discussion.

Thanks,

Lorelle