[wp-docs] FTP Access for Codex

Jane Wells jane at automattic.com
Thu Jun 3 22:55:45 UTC 2010

On 6/3/10 3:45 PM, Arlen Beiler wrote:
> You know that because she CC'ed you. Can you please tell me who has
> access to the FTP? You people don't care about the codex, it seems. Or
> am I wrong?
Hi Arlen. As I explained to you in a private email to try and avoid
noise to the full list, we don't just make changes because one person
decides we should. It needs to go through the docs team, the UI team,
the lead devs, etc. Who has FTP access is not the immediate issue, it's
that the change you want to make needs to go through the right channels
to be discussed and approved, and ONLY THEN would someone with ftp
access think about making a change, under official direction. Just
because it is a wiki doesn't mean it's a total free-for-all.

Also, please don't insult the tireless volunteers who work diligently on
the Codex. We all know we have lots of room for improvement, but stating
that no one cares the way you do is just an unprofessional slap in the
face, and attitude that is not especially welcome given that most of the
volunteers are busy professionals who give their time out of love for
WordPress.

Thanks, Jane