[wp-docs] Codex pages relating to theme development

Lance Willett nanobar at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 16:11:32 UTC 2010

> Several members of the Theme Reviewers list (led by Chip Bennett) are
> working to improve pages on the Codex related to theme development.
>
> Specifically we want to improve the Theme Development Checklist and
> Theme Unit Test data. The idea is to have three distinct pages
>
> Could you help by listing any pages that relate to theme development
> that *are not* listed below? Thank you!

First: thanks for all the feedback! I'll be working on adding those items in.

Second: a quick update for you on the Codex reorganization for theme
development docs.

The main checklist (/Theme_Development_Checklist) has now been merged
to three other docs:

1. /Theme_Development - General code standards and best practices.
2. /Theme_Review - Guidelines for publicly releasing a theme via the
WP.org directory.
3. /Theme_Unit_Test - Theme testing data and related explanations.

This page will be merged into /Theme_Review:
- http://codex.wordpress.org/Designing_Themes_for_Public_Release

All the docs need copyediting and cleanup, which we'll be working next.

--
Lance Willett | Automattic Theme Wrangler
lance at automattic.com