[wp-docs] Codex pages relating to theme development

Lance Willett nanobar at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 22:29:42 UTC 2010

Hi docs team,
Several members of the Theme Reviewers list (led by Chip Bennett) are
working to improve pages on the Codex related to theme development.

Specifically we want to improve the Theme Development Checklist and
Theme Unit Test data. The idea is to have three distinct pages:

1. Theme Coding Standards (replaces Theme Development Checklist): list
of general theme development guidelines.
2. Theme Unit Tests (currently bundled with checklist): link to sample
data with text to explain the purpose of each test.
3. Theme Directory Standards (currently at /Theme_Review): list items
specifically needed to submit a theme to WP.org directory.

At the same time, however, I'd like to make sure that we also review
related pages.

Could you help by listing any pages that relate to theme development
that *are not* listed below? Thank you!

Theme Development
http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Development
http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Development_Checklist
http://codex.wordpress.org/Designing_Themes_for_Public_Release
http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Review
http://codex.wordpress.org/Developer_Documentation#Theme_Development
http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Coding_Standards
http://codex.wordpress.org/I18n_for_WordPress_Developers
http://codex.wordpress.org/Validating_a_Website
http://codex.wordpress.org/Data_Validation

Templates
http://codex.wordpress.org/Stepping_Into_Templates
http://codex.wordpress.org/Templates
http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Hierarchy
http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Tags
http://codex.wordpress.org/The_Loop
http://codex.wordpress.org/Conditional_Tags
http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference

CSS
http://codex.wordpress.org/CSS
http://codex.wordpress.org/CSS_Troubleshooting
http://codex.wordpress.org/CSS_Fixing_Browser_Bugs
http://codex.wordpress.org/CSS_Shorthand
http://codex.wordpress.org/CSS_Coding_Standards
http://codex.wordpress.org/Finding_Your_CSS_Styles

Misc
http://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes
http://codex.wordpress.org/Know_Your_Sources
http://codex.wordpress.org/Blog_Design_and_Layout
"Theme Tools and Other Resources" section on
http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Themes

--
Lance Willett | Automattic Theme Wrangler
nanobar at gmail.com