[wp-docs] String freeze and help links to the Codex

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Sat Dec 18 06:51:01 UTC 2010

Hi all (and specifically Andrea -- hi Andrea!) --

We're planning to freeze the strings for core ASAP. Basically, we're ready
to do it now. This is the last task I know of:

There are some Codex links that have names for the pre-network admin
screens. Specifically, these are the ones that I can find in our help tabs
currently:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Super_Admin_Super_Admin_Menu
http://codex.wordpress.org/Super_Admin_Options_SubPanel
http://codex.wordpress.org/Super_Admin_Sites_SubPanel
http://codex.wordpress.org/Super_Admin_Users_SubPanel

These would become the following. Note that "Screen" is now the proper term
and this goes for all previous uses of "SubPanel" etc.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Network_Admin
http://codex.wordpress.org/Network_Admin_Settings_Screen
http://codex.wordpress.org/Network_Admin_Sites_Screens (there are many tabs
here... Do what you wish)
http://codex.wordpress.org/Network_Admin_Users_Screen

etc.

I would guess that we can just decide on any links that need to change in
core now, and then relocate the pages to the new URLs come 3.1 release. Can
you guys provide some direction?

If anyone has the time to review the rest of the contextual help
links/changes (see the comprehensive patch in #15346), that'd be great. But
this is really the main need.

You guys are awesome,
Nacin