[wp-docs] Codex page on outgoing email configurations?

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Sun Aug 29 06:52:37 UTC 2010

Hi all -

I noticed a need for a small plugin that tests emails sent by WordPress.
It's written and I'm going to put it in the repository, and now I'm looking
for a Codex page that presents the challenges with outgoing emails (the from
address, the need for SMTP, etc.), why we send from
wordpress at yourdomain.comby default, and how to make it work on your
server.

I searched around and couldn't find a page. I have no problem writing one up
(which I then plan to link from the plugin), but I wanted to know if it rang
any bells with you first.

Thanks,
Nacin