No subject

Tue Apr 20 23:23:57 UTC 2010

h a rel=3D"nofollow" . The link juice issue point is moot by default nature=
 of the software.

-Jason Potkanski
Tribune Technology

On 6/7/10 1:58 PM, "Alex Hempton-Smith" <hempsworth at gmail.com> wrote:

And to be honest, I don't think a well designed system would be used to jus=
t generate linkbacks, for example if your contribution is reverted then the=
 'karma' is also reverted, and possibly a penalty incurred.

I think the wp.org <http://wp.org>  redesign needs a big dollop of BuddyPre=
ss, and it would be a shame if the codex was left out of that process. It c=
ould certainly encourage more people to add unique content in this centrali=
sed place.

-- Alex  (Hempsworth)

--_000_C832ACC9360Djpotkanskitribunecom_

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: [wp-docs] Documentation Drive</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:=
11pt'>From my development on mediawiki, all external links are usually run =
through a rel=3D&#8221;nofollow&#8221; . The link juice issue point is moot=
 by default nature of the software.<BR>
<BR>
-Jason Potkanski<BR>
Tribune Technology<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
On 6/7/10 1:58 PM, &quot;Alex Hempton-Smith&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"hempsworth=
@gmail.com">hempsworth at gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<BR>
<BR>
</SPAN></FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"=
><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:11pt'>And to be honest, I don't think a well desi=
gned system would be used to just generate linkbacks, for example if your c=
ontribution is reverted then the 'karma' is also reverted, and possibly a p=
enalty incurred.<BR>
<BR>
I think the wp.org &lt;<a href=3D"http://wp.org">http://wp.org</a>&gt; &nbs=
p;redesign needs a big dollop of BuddyPress, and it would be a shame if the=
 codex was left out of that process. It could certainly encourage more peop=
le to add unique content in this centralised place.<BR>
<BR>
-- Alex =A0(Hempsworth)<BR>
<BR>
</SPAN></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--_000_C832ACC9360Djpotkanskitribunecom_--