[wp-docs] A bit of nitpicking!

S K skichu at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 15:43:17 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I feel that the following two instances need correction:

1. Subject: <!--more--> Quicktag

The Codex page:
"http://codex.wordpress.org/Customizing_the_Read_More#Read_More_is_ignored_on_front_.28home.29_page"
says as follows:

"Read More is ignored on front (home) page

Please remember that on the home page ( is_home() == TRUE ), the
<!--more--> tag is ignored ..."

This is wrong since in WordPress parlance "Home page" (that which is
called in when is_home() == true) denotes the blog page showing the
latest blog posts.

This subsection is to be deleted or modified to provide instructions
in another set of circumstances wherein the More tag is ignored by
default and needs to become operative.

2. Subject: Tag cloud

The codex page:
"http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Tags/wp_tag_cloud#Examples" shows
an example snippet of code like this:

<?php if ( function_exists('wp_tag_cloud') ) : ?>
<li>
<h2>Popular Tags</h2>
<ul>
<?php wp_tag_cloud('smallest=8&largest=22'); ?>
</ul>
</li>
<?php endif; ?>

But the default formatting of tags in the cloud is 'flat' - tags are
separated by whitespace, and hence the enclosing <ul> and </ul> tags
become superfluous resulting in error while validating. For the
unordered list to be operative the "list" format is to be added to the
arguments.

Can I go ahead and try to do the correction, or, leave it to the experts?

Regards

S.K

--
Learn to fight. It is for you to frame the rules if you have the
rightful indignation.