[wp-docs] Study on Framework Documentation

Barthelemy Dagenais bart at cs.mcgill.ca
Mon Oct 19 16:06:10 UTC 2009

Dear WordPress contributors,

We are interviewing open source developers who have worked on the
documentation of their project to get a better understanding of the
effort it takes to create and maintain documentation. This work is part
of my Ph.D. in Computer Science at McGill University.

*We would like one of the WordPress contributors to be part of this
study*. We are especially interested in people who contributed to the
documentation of WordPress plugin development.

The involvement of the participant would consist of a single 45-minute
phone interview in which we would ask open-ended questions about the
documentation process in WordPress and the problems encountered when
creating and maintaining documentation.

In recognition for your valuable participation, we will send you the
report summarizing our results before it gets published.

If someone is interested in participating to this survey, please contact
me at bart at cs.mcgill.ca with suggestions of dates and times (with your
timezone) that would best suit you.

Your insights would be invaluable in helping advance our knowledge of
documentation processes, and we hope one of you will be able to participate.

Best regards,
Barthélémy Dagenais

*About this study*
If you have any question about this study, do not hesitate to contact me
at bart at cs.mcgill.ca or my supervisor, Prof. Martin Robillard, at
martin at cs.mcgill.ca.

Matt Mullenweg kindly suggested to send this invitation to this mailing
list.