[wp-docs] Codex licence issue

Cátia Kitahara contato at catiakitahara.com.br
Fri Nov 13 16:56:23 UTC 2009

Hi, guys,

I've got some questions for you, but first let me introduce myself.
My name is Cátia and I'm from the Brazilian WP Community and I'm responsible
for the br.wordpress.org. I've got an email sent through its contact form
from a person asking me if she can publish parts of the Codex in a book she
will soon release, and if so, how she should proceed about copyrights and
such.
Well, I understand the Codex is also released under the GPL (as stated here:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Codex:About), however, the GPL isn't very clear
about this issue.
So, my questions are:
1. Are there any easy guidelines on how to proceed in such a case?
2. Who should be copyrighted, this list here:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Copyright_Holders (it seems to be the WP coders
rather than the contributors to the codex) or does it depends on which page
will be included, so she should look for the author of that specific page?
3. Is there anybody this person should be talking to rather than me, since I
don't know much about it?

Thanks in advance,

--
Cátia Kitahara