[wp-docs] WPMU Functions and hi

Peter Stewart peter at peterandava.com
Mon Nov 9 09:36:38 UTC 2009

Hey, Peter here (Pumpkinslayer)

First time in here so hello. I'm a long-time WPMU user. The biggest
project was a hack of Dr. Dave's anti-spam ported to MU (yes, a while
back). I do still run all my domains off a single install of MU. I've
done very little hacking in the last 3 years, but am keen on editing
and tightening up documentation.

Chiming in on the WPMU Functions thread that came up last month.

I would suggest naming the WPMU Functions in the same way as the main
WordPress content.

In the standard version there are...

Function_Reference (lists all functions)
Function_Reference/function_name (describes functions)
Category:Functions (category)

There are already a ton of pages for WPMU but I'd suggest naming like this:

WPMU_Function_Reference (lists all functions)
WPMU_Function_Reference/function_name (describes function)
Category:WPMU_Functions (category)

I recommend prefixing WPMU_ on all the MU stuff. I don't know how
Wikimedia handles page name changes in terms of redirection, but this
is my suggestion (I won't jump in and change them, that's too big a
spanner in the works in one go)

Ideas, opinions and suggestions please.

Thanks,
Peter